4 weeks to go
- Use up frozen food, start decluttering and saying goodbye to items that no longer serve you well or won’t fit into your new place.
- Book your removalist team
- Make a list of utilities you need to transfer
3 weeks to go
- Plan placement of furniture in your new home, arrange council pick up if required and start taking unwanted items to charity
10 days to go
- Redirect mail, let utilities know about your upcoming move, only purchase food items you will need for the coming days, nothing for the pantry
3 days to go
- Dispose of flammable liquid, arrange for kids and or pets to be taken care of on your move day, let neighbours know about the possible disruption to the street, and confirm final plans with removalist.
- Eat as much of your perishables as you can.
2 days to go
- Separate a bag of clothes per family member including medication and last minute essential items so they are easily accessible
1 day to go
- Set aside basic eating utensils to live with for the next 24hrs
- Sit back and relax as your packing team take care of you
On the day of your move
- Try reserve a spot out front for the truck
- Try let your removal team take care of you by leaving them to do what they do best.
We hope you enjoy your new home!